View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2011, 05:17 AM   #43
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
A blast from the past! I'd forgotten about this thread. Seeing my "1st mountain ride" pics make me laugh. Boy, I've learned so much since then, though still much to learn...always.
We sold my "Big Ninj" (ie: 650). I loved it and had adapted to its height, but we just didn't have to space for 3 motorcycles between the two of us, and personally if I can only have one, my Lil Ninj is the bike for me. Eventually I'll get another bigger bike. I enjoyed the experience of riding it, but due its size (height, in particular), there were occasional situations in which I was less comfortable (ie: having to back up on even a tiny, tiny incline was always tricky). If anyone is considering a 650 however, it truly is a great bike with plenty of pull through the low and middle RPM range. In some ways, it's easier to ride than our 250s. I learned much by riding a bigger bike.

Edit: Sporting new summer gear here. I found some killer deals on Fieldsheer! I went with their "Breeze" jacket and got it for $54.99 on motorcycle superstore (regularly $130). FS's "Mercury" pants were on close-out for only $59 (regularly $160), but they were a weird fit, so I went with Scorpion's Hellena pants. They fit perfectly. The Fieldsheer Roxanne gloves are new too and were only $22 (regularly $66). They offer great protection for a more casual pair of gloves. I love great deals! They still have close-out items left.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...1_FieldsheerCO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3037.JPG (62.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3044.JPG (62.0 KB, 8 views)

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote