View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2015, 09:50 AM   #318
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
This sentiment has always puzzled me.

Do you like to intentionally lock the wheels? If so, then it makes sense.

But if not... provided you're riding correctly, the ABS will not trigger. So why the ? It's there to save you when things go wrong, but has no impact when things are going right.
why pay extra money for something that I do not want in the first place?

Plus I do feel that ABS is good in some situations but not all. I have had a few different cages from different manufactures over the past several years and the ABS on all of them was borderline dangerous in certain situations. My 10 civic's abs was the worst out of all of them, it would kick on over the slightest bump if you even breathed on the brake pedal despite no hint of locking the brakes. I almost rear ended someone once when it happened. 15 mph down a slight hill in traffic, and the traffic stopped, just as I was rolling over a bad spot in the road, I applied the brakes normally and I didn't slow down at all, just felt the abs kicking on watching the rear of the car in front of me get closer and closer until the abs kicked off and I was able to get more stopping power to the road.

The abs on that car scared me, you never knew when it would kick in for no reason over the smallest road imperfection

The concept of ABS is solid, but design and execution of the systems are a different story. JMO

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote