Old May 14th, 2015, 01:25 PM   #320
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
I have a feel for where the front starts to skip under braking on the 250 (with the rear in the air) and accept that as the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
My 10 civic's abs was the worst out of all of them, it would kick on over the slightest bump if you even breathed on the brake pedal despite no hint of locking the brakes. I almost rear ended someone once when it happened. 15 mph down a slight hill in traffic, and the traffic stopped, just as I was rolling over a bad spot in the road, I applied the brakes normally and I didn't slow down at all, just felt the abs kicking on watching the rear of the car in front of me get closer and closer until the abs kicked off and I was able to get more stopping power to the road.
That's really weird that you say that. I think that has happened to me once in my car. I was coming up to a junction slowing down from about 40mph and applied the brakes (relatively gently) and felt slight vibration and got barely any braking. I thought I was going to fly out into the high speed traffic road up ahead. After that I pulled over, inspected the brakes and tyres and inspected the road. Couldn't see any issues. Maybe my ABS played up. The road was a little bit bumpy. It was country roads.

I definitely rather have no ABS than bad ABS.

Given the option no ABS or good ABS, I definitely go for the latter (car and bike).