View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2015, 07:05 AM   #5
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
when the bike is not running can you push the bike as if it were in neutral with out operating the clutch?

So you set your clutch cable tension and it feels normal as if you can feel the plates being pulled apart as you pull in the clutch? You have the slightest bit of slack in the cable when the clutch lever is not pulled in?

Back to the can you push it question. If you can't push it with out the clutch because it is in gear, can you push it if you do pull in the clutch?

Can you shift with the bike running or not running?

If your clutch lever feels normal and you can tell that the plates are moving, you are probably stuck in a false neutral. Would think it is a problem with your shift shaft or something directly connected to that.

I doubt it has anything to do with the clutch cable unless you have it too tight causing the clutch to slip, even with a completely cut clutch cable the bike will operate like normal and you can shift and what not, I have ridden many of miles on my dirtbike a few times with a complete severed clutch cable. If it is the clutch it is because it is slipping or not engaging for one reason or another.

I would just keep trying to get it to shift into gear trying different things, if it doesn't go into gear, take the clutch cover off and see if it is stuck open or you have broken plate, bad springs or something? after that look into the shifting mechanism

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.