Old July 4th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #144
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNewb View Post
So, uh, fitness guys?

On Saturday, I learned the hard way that pushing it and overdoing core and legs on Friday is not a good precursor to a long ride on Saturday. I basically spent all day in the twisties on an impromptu ride with a friend and some other buddies. Basically everyone else was way faster than me, and I wasn't familiar with anything past the Crest, so I was fighting not to ride outside my limits, but at the same time watching the road and fighting against muscle fatigue.

SO done by the time my friend and I made a pit-stop at her place, but still had 20-some odd miles to get home, and then more training to do. Needless to say, yesterday was a forced rest day, not that I could fit anything in with how much I worked. That said, today is back on track as soon as I'm done with work in the evening.
Well then. That certainly sounds difficult. But you did it! And you'll do it again!

I have a mantra I have picked up somewhere along during the first 10k pullups successfully completed in my life.

I'm gonna do this.
I'm doing this.
I'm getting it done.

It applies to anything difficult in life. Whether you find yourself at the point of blacking out, pumped to the max, body aching, feeling dizzy -- staring at that pull-up bar.. Or facing a task you have put off for too long.

For example, approaching an absolute babe on the street, or writing a difficult email...

I'm gonna do this. (Turn on computer, open gmail..)
I'm doing this. (Start typing, just type whatever comes to mind..)
I'm getting it done. (When you pause and feel like you can't go on.)

Staring at the weights on your last reps to failure...

I'm gonna do this. (Pick up the weight, shift it around in your hand)
I'm doing this. (Grunt out the first lift..)
I'm getting it DONNNNNEEEE (PUSH PUSH PUSH PUSH BAM. Finished.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Yes! Back on topic.

Today, I ventured out for an epic MTB ride. I was out the door at 7:30, drove to Mohican State Park, and rode the most awesome, flowy, hilly, fun 24 mile loop you could ever ask to be on one property. I also got to play with my new GoPro a little bit. Yes, the Hero 3 really does have a better mic, really is better in low light, and really does make better videos than the Hero HD. duh.

anyhow, I did well compared to my other rides on this same trail, I passed a bunch of people, I never got passed, my only accidents were minor bumps and scrapes, and I had a blast. I even managed to get out of Loudonville before the Mohican area campgrounds turned into a crazy redneck party spot for July 4th. http://www.strava.com/activities/161639314
Check out all them PR's.

OH! I also had a good road ride earlier in the week. http://www.strava.com/activities/160762589
I've been slacking on my mileage. I'll get as much in this weekend as I can as long as my knee holds out. It's doing much better overall, but I don't want to push too hard on it just yet.
Ufck YEAH! DO IT!

Nice. I am motivated after hearing this.

I had a brutal workout yesterday, I set a PR of 43 minutes... I guess that's time to put more weight on the bar. Oh well, it's bittersweet..

Beast mode engaged, victory imminent, invincibility on the horizon.

Keep it up brother.