Thread: MCRA
View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2014, 06:45 AM   #2
green_bread
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R & CBR250R

Pretty spot on! I just completed my first year with MCRA and I feel like I have found a new family of great people.

Couple of things...

They are doing away with the Sportsman (amateur) race next year and combining the GTL, ULGT, and 250 class all in one race to give track day riders more time. I don't expect this to be much of an issue, though, as a waved start can spread things out pretty well and the other grids are usually pretty small, anyway. I still voiced my concerns about safety with that many different things going on at the same time, though.

While you don't get "babysat" at an MCRA event, you're not completely on your own, either. Pretty much anyone in the paddock who can help you is willing to help you, if possible, from my experience. I even had the other 250 guys I race against helping me to get my bike back together after a wreck back in Aug. ****, I'm taking my bike to DCMoney's house today and he's helping me swap some suspension stuff. Haha

I am yet to find a better group of folks to ride with. Not trying to take anything away from any other orgs, but MCRA really does feel like a second family, to me.
green_bread is offline   Reply With Quote