View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2017, 08:24 PM   #59
Burphel
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Bonneville, Ninja 300

Been a long time since I've updated. And I've actually got a bunch done over the winter.

*First up, I managed to trim 20lbs off the rider module. My leathers are actually a bit loose. Still could stand to lose a bunch more, but it's a great start. If anybody's interested, it's mainly been doing a protein shake with instant coffee in it first thing in the morning. Plus lots of skiing.

*Sponsorship stuff. So far, I've just been using Hookit.com. Got sponsorships with Shorai (super small/light batteries made of science and unicorn farts), Matrix Concepts (mostly pit stuff, toolbox and new tiedowns are the biggies so far), and Factory FX (decals and swag, notably custom number plates - I got sick of the cheap ones that don't stick well).

*Shorai Battery. Not sure if I posted pictures here, but I got a size below the one recommended for street use. Compared to the stocker, it's about half the size and weight. Starts fine...

*Got a full Tyga exhaust system off ebay. It's really pretty nice. Unfortunately, the muffler itself is hella loud and doesn't have any provisions for a quiet insert, so I've got a different slip-on coming. Shame, it's really cool looking. PIR has a 105ish db limit, and at the last track day, one of the guys said for sure I'd get meatballed. Also, the local tuning guys say they've had better luck with quiet inserts on the little Ninjas.

*Just got a PC5 in the mail today. Probably install tomorrow.

*415 chain kit from Speedmoto. Holy cow, it's like a bicycle chain. I also went down a tooth on the front sprocket. Between the two, the bike feels much more torquey. And I'm now reaching top speed just a bit below redline in 6th. Before, I'd pretty much top out in 5th and *maybe* get a little more by shifting to 6. More shifting, but it isn't nearly as miserable if you miss a downshift before a corner.

*Did some more safety wiring. Hit the oil and coolant gallery plugs.

*Cleaned the old stickers off the fairing and did some Plasti-dip accents on the nose and tail. Now I've done the belly pan as well. New number plates and sponsor stickers.

*Track day Easter Monday at PIR. Drizzled off and on, but I got in 2 dry (if chilly) sessions. I wasn't really working on speed, just shaking out the cobwebs and shaking down the bike.

A few more pictures in my albums if you're interested.