View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2018, 08:30 PM   #40
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
You're right, Jay. On the other hand, and I've told this story before, but... spring of 2017 my Stihl chainsaw had a clogged carb. It had been getting worse for a couple years, and by then I had to keep adjusting the low and high speed screws but it was never right, it would die in the middle of a cut, it wouldn't idle reliably like it would when new, was hard to start, etc.. I mixed up a can of gas with maybe 1-1/2 times the minimum concentration of Techron recommended, so nothing severe, put it in the tank, cut a couple logs, and left it overnight. The next day I had to close both low and high speed screws back to the recommended settings, it idled perfectly, etc., and it cut about six cords of firewood flawlessly. So Techron completely fixed it overnight.

I'm very sure this won't always work, but on the other hand, I've never had any fuel additive do anything close to what it claimed, other than Techron.

From the MSDS, Seafoam has nothing special in it at all. You can check for yourself.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.