Thread: Ouch on 6-13-09
View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:11 AM   #61
Strider
Back on the Black!

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

Medical update 7-1-09

Well, I just got back from the bone doctor, and it seems I'm not getting any worse, but I'm not healing as good as expected either. I have to wear the immobilization sling and brace for 2 more weeks, and then we will think about beginning rehab therapy on the shoulder. I guess at 41 and with a slow metabolism I just can't heal as fast as the average guy. My doctor says it may be another 6 to 8 weeks from now before I can even attempt to ride again, possibly even 12 weeks . I'm still having bad stabs of pain, and sleeping all night is nearly impossible. Pain meds are helping slightly, but I'm tired of taking them and I don't want to get addicted to anything...

No word back from the Kawasaki doc yet though ... beginning to get really worried about that. I hope there isn't anything seriously wrong with my bike, hopefully he's just too busy fixing it to call me back. If I haven't heard from him by Friday, I'm going down there and demand answers

I'm beginning to get a little stir-crazy, since I can't go out and do all the regular things I like to do (baseball with the kids, bike riding,climbing,etc), all I'm allowed to do is walk,walk,walk. I can drive, but only for short trips. I HATE being chauffeured

Thanks again for all the kind comments and well wishes, you guys mean the world to me
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote