Thread: Trying out SSL
View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2014, 01:37 AM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Trying out SSL

I had played with it about a year ago, had it running for a short while, then broke it unintentionally. I spent much of today getting it up and running again, and now with the larger server capacity we have, I want to try running the whole site through SSL (https). It simplifies many things if you just move the whole site over rather than doing it piecemeal. There will undoubtedly be some quirks along the way, so please post up when/if you notice them.

I know that the wiki might show up with some ssl errors, and I think there still some glitches on the portal page. Also - as we post up many, many images on this forum from other websites, you will frequently see the SSL symbol in your address bar change from full lock/green to yellow. All this means is that some items on the page you are looking at aren't encrypted, as they are being served directly from another website; they aren't coming from our ninjette.org server itself.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote