View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2023, 04:12 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Sounds pretty cool! I've been hoping that the phone nav apps would get better over time. For motorcycle route planning - especially when sharing for group rides, we've been using GPX tracks to be loaded onto Garmins or similar for over 20 years now. It works, but it's often clunky to develop the route, to make sure it is following exactly what you'd prefer, and to make sure it loads properly and identically on different people's GPS's that might have different aged maps. Then you have to deal with all of the issues one would expect when it comes down to dealing with any computing device applied to people with let's say, varying levels of IT aptitude.

Apps on a smart phone with orders of magnitude better processing power, always-on connection to the internet, and the ability to incrementally improve the app day by day due to user feedback (compared to GPS software releases that could be yearly if you're lucky), should eventually result in a better experience. It sounds like this app could be one of those things.

I don't want to mount a phone to any dash or handlebars of a motorcycle, at least not a phone I cared about - but I'm intrigued by that carplay/android auto device that has been posted up elsewhere on the board. That begs the question, can any apps like this integrate with carplay/android auto?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote