View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2023, 06:29 AM   #19
dan151
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Should measure actual jet sizes. Many have been drilled out by POs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
Same Exact problem I ran into after having Gordon clean my carbs
...however we changed the main jets to 95's and put 2 shims under the needles
and I opened the fuel/air mixture screws to somewhere around 3 to 3.5 turns out and now it runs....
when it is cold it still has a slight bog around 4,500 to 6,000 RPM
but when it warms up that bog goes away....
this is totally bazaar and in my mind should not happen in any way or form
as it is Mechanical and it can't do that... but it does.... what went bad to cause this is so far UNKNOWN to me.... if you put it all back to stock you would expect it to run like a stock bike but it will not take any throttle then ...really strange !
I went as far as isolating all the smogg **** on the bike and had no change at all. what seemed to make the biggest difference is the shims under the needle jets ( remember the left and right needles are different from each other, don't mix them up !)
... if you are lucky enough to find the culprit please POST it as this has been cropping up all over the place.... a problem that should not be occurring, but does.... and I for one want to know what causes it.
Bob......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
Or replaced by UNMARKED jets supplied in junk jet "kits"
Measurement (and replacement with marked OEM) becomes imperative!
I'd suggest to avoid and correct these unmarked "situations" whenever encountered.

AVOID.....DO NOT USE UNMARKED JETS! PERIOD
The bike was completely untouched when I bought it, factory paint markings on screws and bolts still. The thought of drilled jets did cross my mind when the carburetors were disassembled. Although I did not measure them, the factory stamped jets were in new condition with no evidence that they had been tampered with.

I thoroughly inspected the diaphragms when removed and found no defects or damage. No vacuum tube/line leaks were evident following a spray down with carburetor cleaner.

Stepping down a size in the pilot and main jets may be the next likely step in troubleshooting as I'm confident the carburetors are completely clean at this point. It just baffles me that a 100% stock bike with only 400 miles could potentially need to be rejetted.
dan151 is offline   Reply With Quote