Old June 28th, 2018, 09:57 PM   #12
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoMoto View Post
Hello guys!

So I have been riding my 2008 Ninja almost daily this season..had my tires replaced a month ago. Well, my chain is pretty loose. I checked the chain..doesn't have any seized links or anything of that nature that I see. Sprockets are not hooked. Was wondering if I could just tighten the chain up and get back on the road or if once it gets loose I have to replace. The bike has 13k on it...bought it with 9k on it so I am assuming it's the factory chain. What do you guys think? The shop quoted me at $275 JUST FOR LABOR. Do not really have the funds to drop on that at the moment. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks everyone!
If your sprocket teeth aren't worn to a point you just need to adjust it. I have gone 2,500 miles with no chain adjustment so far. I lubricate my center rollers and sprocket with WD-40 white lithium grease with a brush every 225 - 235 miles (when I hit reserve). I fully expect to see over 20,000 miles on my bike before I buy a new chain and sprockets. My bike has the original chain on it that it left the factory with.

Bill

Bill