Thread: Racing tricks
View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2016, 08:18 AM   #34
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floki View Post
That same rider that place the fastest lap at the GNF broke the 250 reverse Jennings record a month later. And WERA explicitly told me in my appeal to stay in novice that if I do well this season they will bump me up halfway through. I really don't have a huge budget, as I'm in college and always had issues maintaining a steady job and getting good grades. It's really hard for me to get out on track frequently. In all honesty my only track time this year will be the WERA races at NOLA and the GNF. If I'm lucky I'll get to do the CMRA round of NOLA over the summer. That's why I was asking what can I do to have my bike in its best condition so I can focus on my riding the few chances I get.
I bought my current set of used TZ250 bodywork for about $220.00. The reason that I like bodywork as a solution is that once installed, it doesn't wear out, yet it can provide a distinct performance advantage. Unless of course you crash. But the risk for that is virtually the same no matter what bodywork you choose.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote