View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2016, 09:58 AM   #11
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
Did you read the article? It mentions a number of these things...

There's question about the details regarding the CEO leaving.

It looks like they're still working to keep it going, if possible.

The website is still up, which is a good sign (they've been saying it would go offline soon).

I love technology, but I'm not sure how much I like this product. The tech is all integrated into an expensive helmet. When you get a new helmet in 5 years, you're throwing all this away. I'd prefer a system where you can install it into your own helmet (which may not even be possible in reality). This would let you pick the helmet you prefer (brand, shape, color, features, etc.) and transfer the Skully tech when you get a new one. Other than the HUD (which is obviously a major feature), my phone and $150 Sena headset can do basically everything the Skully can.

For the rearview, I think I prefer Reevu's system. It's a simple optical reflection system, so there's not really anything to go wrong with it and it doesn't require power. It's just a reflector above your view, very similar to a car's rearview mirror.
The HUD is the only thing
I have a Reevu. To look in the helmet mirror you need to take your eyes off the road and refocus your eyes. With a Skully you would not. The other biggest reason I take my eyes off the road is to look at the speedo, again Skully puts it in front with no need to refocus.

I still have hope, just not much.

It does look like I will be getting a new Reevu before I can get a Skully.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote