View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #290
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14

chicken alfredo was a staple of my childhood diet. my sister made it seriously at least twice a week. she tried lots of different ways of making it but this is one of my favorites. i make it every now and then (not twice a week!)

trimmed chicken breast, soaked in garlic butter for an hour. make a spice mix: salt and pepper to taste (you will be charring the pepper so go easy) lots of garlic, onion powder, paprika, cayanne, a little sugar, a bit of cumin, just a tiny pinch of cinnamon, some basil and diced parsley. start the noodles boiling. mix it well and cover the chicken in it before pan frying in light oil at medium heat for 10 and 8 minutes then set on a plate to the side to finish. get rid of the oil in the pan and replace with a stick of butter. melt the butter then add a cup of heavy cream. simmer for 5 minutes and stir it well. it will come down just a bit, turn the heat off and add 1.5 to 2 cups of grated parmesian cheese. mix non stop for 2 or 3 minutes until it stabilizes. by now your chicken is equalized inside so you can chop it into pieces, put them over the noodles, and pour your alfredo sauce on top. serve with garlic bread. buttered broccoli goes well with it also.