View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2015, 03:16 PM   #1
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Today is also [Maybe] the day!

My ninja has been parked for several months now. It pains me to read those words.

Symptoms I have experienced in the previous weeks have included but are not limited to..

-depression
-anxiety
-irritability
-feelings of hopelessness
-uncontrollable rage
-inability to sleep
-physical discomfort

After far exceeding the valve lash service interval, I rode the bike until the valves started making a bit of noise. At that point -- months ago, I parked it. Haven't been able to find the time or parts to take care of the work. Also have been barely nourishing my motorcycle addiction by riding a few bikes of even smaller displacement.

And now here we are. Camshafts have been re-ground and finally re-received and a valve shim kit is ready and waiting. Calipers and micrometers are standing by. With a bit of time, this bike just may be running again in the next hour or two.

It can get a little complicated during reassembly when you take an engine apart and walk away from it for a month before attempting reassembly.