View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2018, 01:47 PM   #10
Habern
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2004 EX250

Sorry for the delay in updating the post; school definitely keeps me busy. I replaced the oil to find exactly one tiny metal shaving. Seeing as the bike only has 720 miles, I assume that this was just normal for the break in period (I could be wrong, I've only ever owned bikes from before 1990). I cleaned the carbs (they were so gummed up that the jet was literally filled solid with some hard rock like substance), replaced the air filter, and reassembled only to find fuel was no longer flowing from my petcock.

I intended to get that sorted out soon, but then I got a call from the police department telling me that a girl backed into my bike with her Hummer. Insurance agent came out today and told me that the gas tank damage alone (fenders, turn signals, kick stand, engine case all damaged) was 70% of the bike's value. So, it looks like the bike is totaled and I won't ever get the bike to run. In the event the motor was indeed trash (although I think it was fine; it ran fine without suspicious noises about half the time), this is probably the best thing that could have happened. I'm still sad I never got to ride the bike though.

Thank you guys for all your insight and help!
Habern is offline   Reply With Quote