View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #496
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moe

Motorcycle(s): None

Question

So I have only been riding for about two months now and when I got my bike I didn't have much more to spend on gear. The good thing is what I do have, I wear...all the time, everytime.

I was wondering what you guys wear? Do you guys gear up for the occassion? Do you have a main set of gear that is your work horse for commuting? If you are going on a group ride through some twisty backroads do you wear your commuting gear, or leathers?

I had my eye on a shift avenger textile jacket to get next, but now I have decided to save my money and put it toward a nice leather jacket. Right now I'm in love with Alpinestars Drift Leather Jacket...I love the vintage look. And it would go nicely with my 09 SE paint job

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...leather-jacket

What do you guys think of the torque jeans combined with knee/shin guards compared to say a pair of armored textile pants? Should I get a pair of textile pants or save up for leather pants? Oh and by the way I hate those parachute pants, like those armored over pants that are all super baggy and flap in the wind like crazy.

I have

Scorpion Exo-700 Predator Helmet ($135)

I love this helmet, it has great ventilation and a lot of features for the price.

SHIFT Mesh Backdraft Jacket ($100)

A great jacket that has been keeping me cool this summer, but doesn't sacrifice on protection.

SHIFT chaos gloves ($30)

Again, they keep my hands cool, though they only have hard armor over the ring and pinkie fingers.

SHIFT torque jeans ($60)

I couldn't afford over armored pants so these were the next best thing. I actually love these jeans. They have a great fit and I can fit my knee/shin guards under them.

SHIFT enforcer knee/shin guards ($12)

These are actually awesome guards for the price. They are protective and stay in place all day. I can even be off my bike walking around for hours and they will stay put over my knee.

Tourmaster Road boots SC ($79)

Awesome boots. Leather and they go a bit over my ankle bone. They also have hard armor built in for the ankle bone.

I'm trying to get a better idea for what I should be looking at for my future gear purchases.
jamesio is offline   Reply With Quote