View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #15
lindasninja
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Linda

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250J

Yep done that, but mine was serviced and the ‘others’ involved in this added extra oil, who told me running this hot was perfectly normal!! Made sure the coolant was burped, tried all these things, regardless makes sense to always check levels etc.! After it was stuffed so badly at 1000ks! I decided was time to make sure at the least oil changes are done right!
Good point on perhaps being so close to the tank, build’s up the heat, and shorts are kind of asking for It, but I had Kevlar denims on, and when it gets hot its really hot, like burning! Riding at rev range of 6, in say 50kph areas is a guarantee to get this to happen! Assume it’s not getting enough airflow; anyone had troubles with thermostat coming on too late, or temps set to high, is this worth checking?
Mine only has a red self-destruct imminent light, so it’s a bit of a worry! I have to get valves done soon so, going elsewhere for that, and that’s beyond me at this point! But has been hot like this sometimes, from about 500ks, mind you first 500 weren’t really quick, as I real sucked at riding, still sort of do but now, I blend a bit, and care not cause its fantastic!
lindasninja is offline   Reply With Quote