View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2017, 01:12 PM   #362
JOHNWJ
ninjette.org newbie

Name: JOHN

Motorcycle(s): '12 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 06 Suzuki DR650, 08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold), 04 Kawasaki KX100 (Sold)

Crashed Today!

So I started riding on the street in June 2012. Today I finally biffed it. Good thing I was wearing my Joe Rocket Survivor Suit and not just jeans. I was with my MC club. We had just left our local hangout and I was 2nd in line. The road split with a roundabout on the right, I thought we were going straight and wasn't paying full attention, leader hit blinker and went right. Assuming we were going straight I was too close and wasn't expecting to turn. I mashed the brakes and tried to make it. The rear tire locked up and I leaned hard right. Skidding low and side (ish) but still upright until I hit the curb. Messed up my right fairing and the plastic coolant jug broke. So I am out of commission until that comes in the mail. Being overseas that may take a couple weeks. Anyway I ordered the parts. I did hit my helmet, so I will have to order one of those also, but I am waiting to get a response from the manufacturer to see if they will give me a discount on a replacement. Only thing sore is my hip. Not bad and not bruised yet but might. Other than not having hip pads the survivor suit worked outstanding. Will invest in some riding shorts with hip pads to wear underneath in the future. Made it almost 5 years and on my third bike before I crashed. But the inevitable happened. Knock on wood that does not happen again.
JOHNWJ is offline   Reply With Quote