View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2015, 06:01 PM   #61
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
also, dude. you've had a lot of time to think about the RT calculator... :rotflmao: Don't take that the wrong way. just... wow.
I'm currently not working, so I've got all sorts of time to think way too much about all kinds of stupid things. You wouldn't believe how much useless crap I've accomplished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Just putting this out there... no it's not.

If it is, then the 500's suspension geometry is different enough from the pregen that you're not comparing apples to apples with all your spring rate thoughts.

EDIT: wait... pregen spring or pregen shock? I've never seen someone change the spring rate on the stock pregen shock. Just not worth it.
PreGen spring transplanted to the 500 shock (which is pretty similar, but has a preload adjuster), or with the SV650 shock/spring swapped in. The 500 chart compiled from veterans' info states that a 450# spring is good for a geared-up rider at 200lb. These springs are ~45% stiffer than the 300# stocker.

I haven't done any extensive testing on it, I'm just accepting the word of guys who've been racing these for a long time. So far, their numbers have given me good results. Like I said, the NewGen shock/spring has been such an improvement that I've had a used Penske sitting here in the box for a year because it's just sooooo much work to bolt it in and strap the reservoir to the frame.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.