View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2015, 07:37 PM   #63
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
@InvisiBill I agree with all you said about the rear shock.
After I bought a new shock from YSS for my bike I'd order it with a 85 N/mm spring (the standard is 80 N/mm) and from what I feel and think now with riding my Ninja I'd better took the standard spring, since my bike still feels really stiff (at the lowest point of pre-load).
And let me say one word about the GSX-R shock, when one reads in the German gixxer forums one can read that around 50% of all 600/750 Gixxer-rider (not the 1000 cc) change the spring of the rear shock to a softer one and this also means nearly no rider is happy with the rear spring, but some guys just take it like it is.
And this I think can be transfered to Ninja-riders also, even when the spring is to stiff nobody will talk about this, because that means confirming a wrong decision was made.
Also since humans are some kind of herd they always follow what others did or say

It's stiff for sure. I'm able to be backed out on pre-load and just hit ~30ish sag. If you're ~180lbs I still think it's a bang for your buck thing using the shock as is.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote