Old December 14th, 2015, 10:08 PM   #68
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
Maybe real racers really do just use springs that much stiffer. He did say that their fork spring calculations (a while back, before changes of some sort were made to the NewGen calc) were low too. Or maybe he's just a fatty in denial about his actual weight.

Just noticed this thread come across the portal page and since I have still yet to install the GSXR shock I bought like two years ago I figured I'd glance at what you guys have figured out. It would seem you've done quite a bit of homework since last I checked.

Couple quick notes. Yes very fast racers use stiff springs then most and the calculators can't compensate for this because there's like only 2% of racers that fall into that scenario. My forks noticeably stiff on the street but at least when I have to jam on the brakes they are there to hold me up. Because my fork are so stiff my stock shock feels even softer then before but I can deal with that because it's not dangerous. The rear shock is only an issue at this point while on the track which hasn't happened for a while and won't be happening again any time soon. It's also too soft when I'm bike camping with all my gear and the MTB on the rear, it actually bottoms out with a noticeable bump over big dips and such. Sadly my laziness dictates It'll still be quite awhile longer before I get to installing that GSXR shock.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote