adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aShifty View Post
I bought it! Red 2011 ninja I got a rear fender delete with it (not on) and 2 qts Kawasaki oil and filter. Anyone know how to check the oil? Not the same as a car I see. I see the little gauge by the oil cap but I see no liquid in it.

There's this wonderful, illuminating document called the "owners manual." You really ought to read it.

It is theoretically possible to hold the bike vertical by yourself and look at the sight glass at the same time. I've dropped bikes trying to do that. It's awkward as he!!.

Frankly the design of these things is STUPID and always has been. Why is it not possible to position the glass so that the oil level reads correctly when it's on the side stand?

This is like having a car with a hood that can't be propped open. "Have someone hold the hood up while you pull the dipstick and wipe it off." DUH. If you want people to check the oil routinely, then make it easy to check without needing extra equipment or another person.

My solution: Go to the hardware store and get one of those little mirrors on a telescoping rod. Sit on bike, use mirror to check oil.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote