View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #35
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjyang View Post
Even though the body work on 86-87 model is completely different from 88-07 model, the engine is the same except for carb which went down from 32mm to 30mm to boost mid range. The 86-87 model dosnt have a lower fairing so I know for sure the header and mid pipe will fit. In fact I just mounted the sprocket cover and kick stand from a 2009 250 to my 87 as I like the look and it bolt right on which tell me the 250 engine is pretty much the same from 86-11. The clutch cover bolt pattern looks the same too.

The only issue it might have is the canister mount as the rear peg position is different between the two bikes but since Area P is a removable bracket and can slide up and down the canister, I hope I get lucky The earlier Yosh and Muzzy full system for the 88-07 model have a fix mount tab that is welded onto the canister or mid pipe so it won't work on the earlier 86-87 model but later Muzzy systems change to the modern system of canister bracket which should work.
I'd love to see pics with the new sprocket cover mounted.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote