View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2014, 10:31 AM   #87
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
We can always find a reason to get offended, but we shouldn't.
After that bad feeling of offense, a violent or upset reaction follows.
We have too many ugly words and too much violence going on everywhere, gross or subtle.

I would never become upset or violent for no reason, and I believe that nobody should.
If we do that on little things like this forum, we will end up killing each other in real life pretty soon.
Any form of violence must stop for reason to be.

Copied from our portal page:

Welcome to ninjette.org, the friendliest Kawasaki Ninja 300/250R site on the net. This website was created so ninjette owners (and potential ninjette owners) can show off their bikes, ask and answer questions about their bikes, and write up the adventures they're having with their bikes.......

Before we have to change the title of this perfectly good thread to "How to crash a thread?", I would like giving it a second chance.

What is the less damaging way of crashing a bike?
That is a question that I have made myself many times.

Before reading Misti's link and different posts in this thread, I have learned that I have been wrong regarding relaxing.

I always believed that adopting a fetal position would be better in a street crash.
Once, I probably suffered a highside fall when my rear wheel locked up at around 35 mph.
Soon after I found out that the output shaft sheared off and jammed the chain.

I never knew what was going on, my first thought was that I had hit a dog, as that was the squealing noise that the rear tire was making while the bike was fishtailing violently.

While I was trying to understand what was happening and how to escape that situation, I heard my helmet hitting the road violently and uncontrollably.
There must have been 200 decibels inside that helmet !!!

I could never remember the flight from the seat onto the pavement.
I never knew or cared what my limbs did during those scary seconds, but I have scars that prove that they were all over the road.

As I am not sure that I will have enough mental control to relax and let go next time, I will do all I know and can for avoiding a next time.

Last futzed with by Motofool; March 1st, 2014 at 12:01 PM.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.