ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
Am I the idiot?
Yes.

You literally just asked about the same situation with two different lead-in's. Either way, if you are traveling faster than someone in a lane which is left of you, you're passing on the right. Now... which one of you is wronger? idk. You're both technically wrong.

Ideally, as you travel faster, you go more lefter. if you find traffic moving faster than you are, you go right. The idea is simply to be moving faster than traffic to your right but slower than traffic to your left.

THAAAT SAID; people in the south don't seem to give a crap about that whole idea. There's no mid-west driving etiquette down here and frankly, despite some above posted theories about "kids and parents these days rah rah", people aged 55+ are more often the ones in the left lane traveling slower than traffic than not. At this point, I will pass whenever and wherever there is a safe spot to do so. Although I have discovered that people respond very differently to my lifted truck than they do to my smaller vehicles when they're in the left lane for miles with no one around and I make my faster-traveling-presence known on their bumper, if you know what I mean. I try not to do that very often, but it gets the point across.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.