Old January 25th, 2020, 06:11 AM   #7
justanotherone1
ninjette.org member

Name: Cyril

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 EX x2, 07" CBR600RR, 09"SFV 650 Gladius

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernNinja View Post
@justanotherone1 Thanks for your support. To answer your question... I'm pretty dumb, that's really about it lol. It would 1000% be cheaper to buy a 500. In this process I actually bought a perfectly running, healthy young 500, and then tore it down to this. Attachment 46548 (It was actually cheaper than any crashed parts bike I could find around here and I knew it would be in better shape.) So yes, in every way shape and form it would be easier and cheaper to buy a 500. but a couple reasons: 1, the 250 is prettier. just a bit too slow. The 600's look nice, but insurance is expensive in Ontario. 2, I really needed something motorcycle related to keep me occupied for the very long cold winter here so that I don't go crazy, and I enjoy wrenching. and 3, there's not much for custom bikes around here and I really enjoy experimenting and showing what I can do on my own bike, it gets me customers and lots of other work and allows me to network with some cool people.

@JmcEx2fifty Awesome man! feel free to DM me if you want to swap contact info and if either of us are running into issues or something we can compare notes. The modification never stops for me so i'm not too worried about it ending lol.
No, I hear you! I just realized there was a link to the video and watched it lol! I'm an idiot. I absolutely love molstering my bikes too and customizing them. I feel it gives the bike a personal touch and attitude that expresses the riders persona. When it comes down to non-factory engine swaps or full custom suspensions and more technical things, I don't think I'm as competent enough in my mechanical skills as you are to get it done in the first shot or a few. I've never ridden a Ninja 500, so I wouldn't know the difference of the chassis when compared to the 250. However, I'm quite interested in the handling characteristics. Is the 250 chassis more maneuverable and agile than its 500 counterpart? Or are they about the same? And how will the Ninja 250 behave with a Ninja 500 motor? Will it feel the same as a 500? We'll find out on the next episode of DRAGON BALL Z... I look forward to the finish product . BTW your definitely right about the insurance on them. I pay only $18 a whole year for my Ninja 250... Liability only of course because let's be honest, who wants pay full coverage and get robbed from insurance companies? If the bike wrecks, and I pray it never does, then its so much cheaper to just go get another Ninja 250... These bikes are almost like disposable bikes sadly... but well built quality bikes nonetheless. You're right about buying the complete running bike as well... its usually cheaper than buying parts lol... I purchased a full running ninja 250 from an impound lot for $200 I used for parts. The damn back fees on the late registration fees costed more lmao! No point in buying parts that will run you more when you can get a complete bike. Keep the videos coming.
justanotherone1 is offline   Reply With Quote