Thread: Dragging Toes
View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #21
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
I have a question about this as it's something I've been working to improve. Can short legs ever be a factor in which drags first, knee or toe? I ask b/c I've scraped toe a few times, and though I'm not trying to drag knee on the roads by any means, I've always wondered why my toe seems to scrape prior to my knee ever touching ground. I also have peg feelers, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference as they tend to scrape pretty early and act as my warning. My profile and avatar pics give good actions shots that show my body position, so if anyone has any ideas what I should do differently, let me know. I feel like I have decent form, though I know I could certainly lower my body a bit more than I do now, but I'm only 5'4" w/ my legs being shorter than my torso. I just wondered if short-legged people can also drag knee. Cheers and happy halfway day!
Everything else being equal, yeah sure, a longer leg is gonna put knee down before a short leg (the knee is further down because the thigh is longer) so at same bike lean angle, same foot position, a longer leg could get knee while the shorter leg is gettin toe. Your form looks good in the picture but it's kinda hard to say if your position is good for the corner speed you're carrying or if you're off too far/ not off far enough. What I see people do a lot of is trying to get their knee down while going too slow and they get all caddywhompus with it.

You have the stock pegs on there? You're lookin like you could do with some clearance there anyway, which will help you keep your toes off the road some. It does look like you're up on the ball of your foot in the picture so i'm seeing you needing pegs up and back some, your ass a tad more off the seat and maybe a little more corner speed.

Your pictures look great