View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #40
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja250gurl View Post
So i have 50/100/50 and no underinsured.. if i move it up to 100/500/50 and add 100 uninsured motorist to it, it goes up $500! Thats like $80/month more.. Does anyone know if my car insurance would kick in? Because im fully covered under my car insurance.. i have my bike and car seperate.
Check with your insurance company to see if they offer Umbrella Insurance. Umbrella insurance is designed to give one added liability protection above and beyond the limits on homeowners, auto, and watercraft personal insurance policies. Umbrella protection is designed to “kick-in” when the liability on other current policies has been exhausted.

Liability insurance is the portion of a homeowners or auto policy that pays for expenses such as the injured persons medical bills, rehabilitative therapy, and lost wages due to the negligence of the at fault person. The liability portion of an insurance policy also covers a legal defense representative if the negligence would happen to land the at fault person in the court room. After adding up all of the medical expenses for the injured and the legal fees of the negligent person, the standard liability in one’s homeowners or auto policy is often not enough.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote