Old April 14th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #7
Monkeytofu
I told you bro

Name: Noor

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Noor,

It seems to me that the coolant has made the crankcase over-full and the excess of coolant-oil mix has been pushed out through the breather; hence, the spread mess.

Pump seals rarely fail and when they do, you can see coolant leaking out through a hole in the pump body.

It seems that your head gasket is fried and/or your head is warped (common things that happen when coolant runs extremely low), but it could be something else as well that allows pressurized coolant flowing onto the oil.
I don't really have the facilities to take apart my engine since I assume I have to take the engine out and apart to replace the gasket. Should I just take it to a mechanic at this point or are there some other tests I can do to check if it's blown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
I though that you had replaced that tire since you low-sided some time ago !!!

Pictures of the repaired bike and paint job are still owed !!!
I wish I could provide pictures of either, I could only do the bare minimum as the cosmetic repairs/ tire replacements were (and maybe still are) out of my budget at the moment.

I may even end up having a shop patch my tire until I can save up enough to buy some new tires :/

Hopefully once I become more financially independent after I graduate I can do some real work on my bike
Monkeytofu is offline   Reply With Quote