Old January 13th, 2020, 08:40 AM   #22
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): GSXR 750, GSXR 600, Ninja 400, Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
Found out, i did not toss mine away.

I installed them ABOVE the triple clamp. They are about a half, to 3/4 inch lower than stock. The bars angle downward is a bit more though. Lowers the front end. Appears more agressive stance. ( front fender tucked more into the body,) can facilitate full lock to lock. Nothing gets in the way, except maaaybe my pinky. Just barely. Slightly lower riding position. Front end DROPS into turns. Not twitchy, but it doesn't take much at all. Just rails into curves. I wanted them to fit BELOW the clamp. Just not possible, unless you want to cut into bodywork. I'm actually happy with them though. Better than I thought it would be, body position wise.
I was about to toss mines in the parts bin. I got a set of Driven clip ons that had a 2 1/2 rise. Turns out they were the wrong size, they were way too big, didn’t fit the forks. I listened to the Great Danno and put them above the triple tree. Drops the front end and fits fine. Haven’t been able to ride the bike yet. The forks are off to the shop for Race Tech springs, heavier weight fork oil and pre load adjusters! I am sure the bike will feel different with the clip ons and rear sets and worked front forks!
JFMNINJA400 is offline   Reply With Quote