Old September 4th, 2017, 04:04 PM   #83
GregS
ninjette.org member

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, GSXR-750, Ducati M1100

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
First day out on the Michelin RS 150 rear for my 300. It felt just as good as the Alphas, but there again new tires always feel great! I'll keep you updated as it wears, right now it's only got about 110 miles on it. Even though it was pretty damn hot out there today, it did not slide or squirm much at all. I'll have to try and push it a little harder next time.
I've put in 3 more track days on the RS150 rear. The first one wasn't so good, but only because my front tire was worn out and I had no feel on the front and could not push. Over the Labor Day weekend I did another 2 days with a fresh front tire. First day the rear seemed to squirm around a bit, but on the second day I bumped up the cold pressure to 28-29 and it really performed nicely. I was deliberately giving some extra gas coming out of the tight corners and it was not moving around at all.

It still seems to be wearing nicely and looks to have plenty of life left in it. If you're not sprint racing and only doing track days and do not need absolute peak performance then I'd highly recommend this tire. Some of our local teams do use this rear for the endurance races though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1146[1].jpg (144.4 KB, 9 views)
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote