View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2018, 11:14 PM   #7
1994Ninja250F
‘94 Rider

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): 1994 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
One year ago when I bought my 2007 250 the oil light didn't work. The previous owner had unplugged the wire from the oil pressure sending unit. I simply plugged it back in/on. There's a bayonet connector downstream from the sending unit (that was disconnected on mine) and the sending unit has a ring connector that connect to the sending unit with a screw. You simply have to go to an auto parts store, buy a new ring connector and solder (recommended) a new connector to the end of the wire. I've attached a photo.
Awesome, thank you both for the pointers, and thanks Ram Jet for the very helpful picture.

I was trying to take a picture of my situation, but it was dark when I got home to the Ninja (rained last night) and any pictures were't gonna turn out good. But basically my wire still has that ring or horseshoe-looking connector on the end, it just wasn't crimped to the sending unit. Was just kind of free to move around underneath the rubber boot.

I will have owned my Ninja for 8 years in July, and I have never messed with the sending unit or sensor. So...that means the wire has been like that for an absolute minimum of 8 years, and it just now starts acting up. Pretty crazy!

I'll give this a shot tomorrow, nice and simple, and all should be good to go. Thanks again guys.
1994Ninja250F is offline   Reply With Quote