View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2019, 03:41 AM   #14
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Article is skimpy on exact location and direction. It could be biker was preparing for left-turn and might have been impatient and tailgating truck? Then when left-turn lane opened up, biker moved over. Truck guy may have seen that as an aggressive passing maneuver, but maybe biker really was just setting up for left turn onto Willowbrook?

Charges of “disregarding traffic lanes, careless driving and reckless driving.” Certainly sounds like truck changed from one designated lane into a second valid lane without proper signaling, without verifying lane was clear, and without giving others already in lane right-of-way.
OK so the truck driver did not signal.
If the biker was really turning left did he signal? Guess not.

This seems so simple to me. Biker try’s to go around and gets bumped into the ditch. Both drivers are at fault. Both drivers are dumbasses. One driver had huge cage around him. The other driver had air around him.

I am sick of people thinking they are “entitled” to do what they want. No consideration to anyone.

I took a ride yesterday to the auto parts store. I live at the beach. Labor Day weekend is a total traffic madhouse. During a short 15 mike trip I had two cars pull out in front of me and one decide he like my lane better then his. Nothing super close, but they were trying to kill me.

Take a deep breath and don’t contribute to your own death.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote