View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2016, 11:09 PM   #129
redsnapper
ninjette.org member

Name: Red Snapper XXX

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

YEAR: 2009

WARNING I have be jetting in cold weather, so my results are not meant for spring/summer temperatures.
When it gets warmer, I'll update with new results.

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: Kleen air delete. Uni filter Dual Foam 6 inch UP6200ST with PVC pipe as intake runner. The Pod filters are about 1 inch away from the battery box. I wanted to make sure the back of the pod filter airflow was not blocked by the battery box. The bracket back/under the gas tank with the four bolts, I had to grind down, because it had tabs for the old airbox, and was pinching my 6 inch pod filters

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: Stock

JET KIT: Dyno Jet

BRAND OF JET KIT: Dyno Jet Stage 3 #2393

MAIN JET:
DJ112/Keihin 117.5 for Cold Weather. -5/25F to 10C/50F (richer and stronger smell of gas when ambient temperature is warmer 10C/50F)

PILOT JET: Stock #38

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: DJ needles with clips at the Forth position (What Dynojet recommends), Tried Fifth Position, bike was spitting fuel out of the bottom exhaust drain hole and strong smell of gas at 3000-4500 rpm parked when I revved it.

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS: 2.25 turns out.

ELEVATION: 75-646 feet.

Temperature: -5/25F to 10C/50F

MISCELLANESOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP:
Installed block off plate, Removed Air injection into exhaust to get rid of backfiring.

I initially had DJ108/Keihin 112 jets installed, but the Ninja 250R refused to go past 11000 RPM in 2nd gear with WOT. Temperature was around 4C

Installed DJ112/Keihin 117 bike pulls hard, I would like to have tried DJ110/Keihin115's, but it did not come with my Dynojet kit.

I ordered some Keihin 115's jets, and will test them when it gets warmer + 10C

Earlier I was getting tons of white exhaust smoke even after the bike was fully warmed up, but it went away. I think it was the new Uni Pod filters, I freshly oiled them and maybe some of the oil got sucked it.

Made intake runners (PVC Pipe) connected to the carbs with a rubber plumping coupler, but notice the top of the intake carb holes were being covered. I ended making the pvc pipe very short (1.5 inches) to not block it.

Because of the longer air pods, and intake runners, I had to relocate the starter relay/fuse under the battery box.

Small throttle openings 1/8 to close makes the bike jerky. I still need to balance my carb, and may try a #40 Pilot jet.

Bike seems to using a lot more gas.

I love the extra power.

Last futzed with by redsnapper; April 26th, 2016 at 09:43 PM.
redsnapper is offline   Reply With Quote