View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2018, 11:14 AM   #4
FluxX
ninjette.org member

Name: Dylan

Motorcycle(s): Ninja EX250R 2012 (Fuel injected)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Is 140 KPH (86 MPH) the speedo reading? If so, something isn't right. That's low for a stock bike - especially because the speedos read high.

Other than the slip-on, have you made any changes? What do you mean by a "straight" slip-on?
Thanks for the Feedback guys.
Okay so I purchased the bike from someone that used it as a track bike. I then started to encounter random stalls on the highway so I disconnected the power commander and reverted to stock for diagnosis purposes.Long story short this may sound wierd but I may be getting a airlock in my tank or some sort because if i dont open the tank lid before i commute i will stall about 10 mins down the road.Anyhow that's something else to look into. I plan on taking it into my local Kawasaki dealer so they can do a proper dyno and do the mapping.
When I say straight slip on I mean theres no muffler .The slip on has replaced that section of the exhaust.No other serious mods that I know of air filter is also standard...Yes 86mph is what the speedos reading, thats max throttle...I thought it was low top end even for a 250r . That's disappointing, what's the best course of action? Bike seems to run perfectly otherwise idles abit rough on startup but after a min its revs fine...then again I'm no expert. Ive attached a photo for interest sake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180930_191322.jpg (96.4 KB, 5 views)
FluxX is offline   Reply With Quote