EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: AreaP Race System 18"

JET KIT OR STOCK? Jet Kit

BRAND OF JET KIT? Dynojet

MAIN JET: 106

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: 3rd from top

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS: 2 1/2 turns out

ELEVATION: ~1000 ft.

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP:
Started with 108 mains and clip in 4th. Could not get low rpms set right. Mixture screws had no effect, the rpms hanged for forever. Took it out for a ride around the block. idle to 5000 wasn't that good, 5000 to 8500 pulled hard, 8500 to redline just bogged out at 10500 and never reached redline. Changed the e-clip to the 5th position and quickly tested before going to bed, the rpms return back to idle after blipping the throttle. Next changed main jets to 104 (my kit was missing 106 otherwise i would have tried those) and reset the mixture screws to 2 1/2 turn out. Took it for a ride around the block and it pulls hard all the way to redline, it feels so much better than stock. at low rpms the throttle response feels instant but possibly slightly rich. some fine tuning left. need to go for a longer ride to be sure. going to try moving back to the 4th clip now and/or try adjusting the mixutre screws, and order some 106 and see if those work.

Took the bike on the highway, found it was rich at midrange, moved to the 4th clip. Took it out again it was still rich in the midrange but at higher rpms it lost power and most of the time wouldn't get over 10000. I ordered 106 main jets and installed those and moved to the 3rd clip at the same time. The bike runs pretty near perfect. I might play around with the mixture screws a bit and move the clip one more time to see if i get any better results.

Last futzed with by forevertwowheels; June 24th, 2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Rejetted
forevertwowheels is offline   Reply With Quote