View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #80
icbm
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R, 2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R, 1985 Kawasaki 750 Turbo

01/15/2012 - Well I have been doing some mods on this little toy.

YEAR: 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: Air box delete with K&N 0990 Dual Pods straight on carbs and a cheap crankcase breather.

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: PLM Exhaust

JET KIT OR STOCK? Stock

BRAND OF JET KIT? Keihn

MAIN JET: 105

PILOT JET: Stock 38

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: Stock needles with 3 washers.

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS: L - 3 turns out. R - 2 3/4 turns out

ELEVATION: 5300'

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP: The DA today was 5900'. Temps of 46'. I also drilled the slides with #70 drill bit as I want the best throttle response I could get as I road race and blip the throttle on downshifts. I did not sync the carbs yet but the bike idles well at 1500rpms and doesn't seem to drop after blipping the throttle. The bike starts right up but does need the choke at first. It also revs pretty clean in neutral with no load but seems to hit a little lag at around 8-10k but then revs again hard to redline. It's maybe a little lean but since most of the track days and race days the weather will be 70-95' so I think it will be fine. I still need to go for a ride to get a better feel and look at what is going on. The spark plugs are stock and are originals. Right now it revs way better than it did when it was bone stock. It the meanwhile I will get some new spark plugs, change the oil and sync the carbs.

Edit: 01/23/2012 - The weather finally cleared up enough to go for a ride and check the jetting. I changed the spark plugs and sync'd the carbs. In the driveway the bikes revs well through out the RPM spectrum and at WOT. Maybe a very very very tiny bit hesistant in the 5-8k range but almost not noticeable. Went for the ride and the temps were about 48' with no wind. When cruising around with less than half throttle the bike runs well and throttle response is excellent but when I start to go to WOT it revs fine from 2k up to 6k then it stumbles till around 8k then it revs fine all the way to redline just fine. Not sure if it is lean or fat.

Last futzed with by icbm; January 23rd, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
icbm is offline   Reply With Quote