View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #7
zem
Matress

Name: Sebastian

Motorcycle(s): Blue 04 Ninja 250

Just went back twice to the bike, at first the oil level went back to halfway, now the second time it was a quarter.
The carbs were actually cleaned 9 days ago at the dealership so it couldn't be that. I did fill the oil on the sidestand though, but I don't know if there is too much in there now or not. And about the oil light: it was on when i turned on the bike both times but went out after a few minutes of running. Even though the second time it took a lot of throttle input just to get the revs up a little bit. There's still plenty gas in there, I tried switching to the reserve but didn't make a difference. My neighbor said it might be a bad fuel pump? I also talked to the guy I bought it from, and he had no clue to what it could be but mention that maybe something's wrong with the spark plugs.
Is it even possible that I didn't put in the right oil? I had my sis get the Shell Rotella T6 SAE 5w40 heavy duty engine oil. I saw that one in the DIY oil change thread , so I don't even know why im asking this question?!

oh yeah, and the bike is stock.