ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja ex250 blue and 07 Ninja black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Awesome report, thanks for details!!!
Hi, which DynoJet kit# are you using?
Do you have photo of needle used?

Interesting that you're only one beside me, that have found higher-power and more responsive engine from downsizing main-jets. I suspect we're one of few that have factory-fresh clean-carbs and aren't making up for clogged dirty carbs by increasing jet size.
Dynojet - JET KIT FOR 1988-2007 KAWASAKI NINJA 250R
SKU#2138 - 2138.002 U.S Models Only

My carb is factory fresh for sure. Ultrasonic cleaning, air and lots of wire does the trick.

No photos of the needles but I'll update my entry with a photo next time I have them out. I can say they are well thought and that's what you are paying for in a Dynojet kit.

I think many people during their jetting pilgrimage, keep stepping up their jets rather than balancing and fine tuning the range. "More fuel more speed mentality", without thinking that the engine's best performance is found when all the fuel can be burned the fastest, more is not always better in this case. At WOT fuel is being taken from all the jets to some degree.

From pregen Dynojet instructions:

https://www.dynojet.com/amfile/file/.../product/3287/

1988-2007 Kawasaki EX250F
Stage 1&3

STAGE 1
For mildly tuned machines using the stock airbox, with stock or K&N filter #N/A

STAGE 3
For mildly tuned machines using individual filters or velocity stacks. K&N filters #RC-1822 Both stages may be used with a good aftermarket xhaust

If you are running an aftermarket exhaust or slip-ons with high
flowing baffles use the DJ098 main jets. Be sure that the jet you are changing is the main jet.

I followed stage 1 instructions because of the high flow Cobra slip ons and KN drop in air filter with air box intact.

*Only changes I made was lowering the needle to 5th postion and 3 turns out rather than the 2.5 out that the instructions asked for.

I'll try going back to 2.5 at some point to see how that affects things but for now it's running great. Or maybe go up to a 38 flow jet from the factory 35.

Idk at this point I'm chasing inches of performance rather than miles. And the bike is lighting fast compared to stock. My GF also rides a 07 pregen all stock and because of our weight different I could never catch her from stops or on hills. Now I find myself overtaking her and having to get off the throttle. Hills are also great now, no more down shifting to keep up, just roll on the throttle and blast up the hill without bogging.

Knowing myself I'll chase those inches
Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote