View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #1
unowned
ninjette.org member

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): NINJA 250R 08

confused about air filters amongst other things

im about to get a boat load of performance upgrades next week...namely a dynojet kit and a area-p full exhaust....the DIYs seem pretty straight forward, but while im at it, i figure i might as well do a bunch of other stuff such as installing my shogun kit, changing the sprockets, and modifying the air filter/box...

so that's where im at a loss, what's the difference between a "pod filter" and an k&n r-0990...what about these bmc filters, there's so much terminology being intermixed with each other that i'm not really sure what would be best for me. I've seen from the jetting database that many just remove their snorkels and that would suffice as an intake mod??? i do not mind spending extra money on a filter or pod filter...but what the heck am i doing...i still dont know what the difference is between these different filters.

other questions....has anyone ever tried installing the shogun crash kit....it says i need a standard floor jack, and i'm would really like to avoid buying one simply because i know this is one of the only times in my life i will ever need one.

Thanks in advance for all your help,
TC
unowned is offline   Reply With Quote