View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2020, 05:41 PM   #32
Fixit
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Harley XL1200C, Kawasaki ex250

drip

The drip is coming from the front of the manifold, which happens to be the low end.

The hoses are reconfigured as per this : https://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Hose_r...ine_fuel_tanks

Bottom of page says : For California tanks without emissions-control systems
Some people remove the evaporative emissions systems from their bikes, or install a replacement California tank on a 49 state bike. If you have a 3 line tank (California) but don't have the emissions devices, this is what you need to do:

The right tube allows air into the fuel tank through the gas cap as the gas level drops. This tube must remain open.
The middle tube is the drain and should keep the stock routing under the bike in the hose cluster (right-hand side of the frame, as discussed above).
The left tube circulates fumes to the emissions system and should be capped off.

The gas tank is completely cleaned, new gas, new filters on the petcock, filter in place in the fuel line before carb. Something on the seat? Maybe. Hope not. Will get it out soon for a look.
The petcock is not currently vacuum operated as it was working when I started, yet like everything I touch these days it stopped working while I was working on it. Haven't found a replacement petcock for less than $100, but did find a rebuild kit I should order soon. Although this would not have prevented the problem of the stuck float or whatever it is.