View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2015, 10:46 PM   #11
Guilty
ninjette.org member

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2009 Yamaha C3

I actually talked to a cop that was at a friend's house after a noise complaint from some barking dogs that by a much hated neighbor, but he actually thought they were a pretty great idea since accent lighting is permitted within the statute limitations. Living in a college town in Florida, it's a breeding ground for bad drivers. Have already been hit before when I was riding a scooter for a year realizing it's a terrible idea to have one outside of the campus.

I pretty much am just testing the waters with this. Yes, it could look a bit tacky to some as they are quite bright, just wanting to become more visible. Cost me nothing but about an hour of my time putting it all together and hooking it up to the wires for the running lights. Takes about 20 seconds to remove if I decide to get rid of them. They are just the inexpensive RGB LED strips on Amazon or eBay for less than 10 dollars for 5m of the strip that you can cut to any length. But I am also thinking about changing the wiring to the brake lamp circuit to make braking a little more visible and nothing else.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote