Old May 21st, 2018, 04:58 PM   #10
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by THusker View Post
I cannot imagine what it would be like to not be able to put both feet firmly on the ground! Especially while learning. Great to hear it is working out for you and that you were able to get some help/support from your neighbors. Keep up the practice. A little bit every chance you get and you will be on the road before you know it!

It actually isn't hard like I thought it would be. With the hidden wedge on my boots, I can have my foot firmly on the ground and the bike is almost straight up so it feels fine to me. I kind of hopped my left foot along as needed while I was learning the friction zone. Once I started giving her gas I just put it on the peg and went.

I'm going to keep practicing every little bit I can. Good news is that hopefully in a week or 2 I will be able to get parking lot practice. Salesguy that I thought was ignoring me finally replied to my facebook message. He says he gets asked all the time and doesn't mind at all. We just have to find somewhere in our busy schedules to be able to meet up.

Thanks for all the support everybody, it's why I love this place
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote