View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2009, 09:16 AM   #14
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

I split lanes since 1967...it used to be legal in NY, and while i clipped a few mirrors there was never any damage done.Yet...it was only a matter of time.
Summer '09, doing it thru standing traffic I got a big surprise,,,I clipped one of those big round fuel tanks on a tractor with my passenger peg, enuff to wobble me good and smarten me up...never expected a fuel tank. Now....I very rarely do what I did every day until that tank. Something else I noticed that I never thought much about was the car drivers reaction...I had a sport crew fly by me with screamin' pipes, the first bike spooked me ( in my truck) and i did a quick little move right and came close enough to the car next to me so that I swerevd back to where I was. Wasn't too dangerous but I was sober and a long time driver and wasn't going too fast...if i were an inexperienced driver with maybe a beer or 2 under my belt I would've crash, no doubt.
Nowadays...most people HATE sport bikers because of stuff like this. For me anyway, I avoid provoking cagers by splitting, blowin' them away at the light, passing them on the outside at the ramps...anything a sport rider does on the street that's "sporty", draws a negative reaction and ...I couldn't believe this...a state trooper told me that even though he can't catch us, he can ticket the plate # and start a process that will cost us a half dozen trips to court...he claims to have done this when he saw something that reaaly pissed him off.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote