View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2011, 06:00 PM   #150
Jack Frost
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): ninjette

Quote:
Originally Posted by baligila View Post
Anyway, back on topic of 250Rs, is it okay to merge the two intakes (making plenum) after the twin TB's? To keep the velocity (by using two stock size throttle) but not needing to mechanically balance the two TBs, in case we get lazy (which happen really often). What drawbacks would it made?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotorns View Post
Not sure what exactly you want to do here....

in doing so and building a plenum, there is a formula somewhere that factors in engine displacement and the specific tq/hp range you are wanting to stay in to equate the preferred plenum volume. remember that less total volume (short runners) = (in theory) less bottom end power, more top end power, more volume (long runners) = (in theory) more bottom end power, less top end power.

But i do see your point about balancing the TB's but I'd worry more about not having enough velocity going into the head and fuel pooling in the intake plenum instead of atomizing correctly therefore this could cause a lean/rich scenario where one cyl goes rich, one goes lean, each overcompensating for the other due to the shared injectors and plenum.

clear as mud? i think i confused myself....
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote