View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2023, 04:33 PM   #107
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Hummm....
Ok Noted ! Yes your right I do have a tendancy to brake things ! especially
plastic garbage ! and the bike is covered with that !
but I am careful with the boots ! I don't hap hazardly force them on... I learned a long time ago that was not a good idea with a ripped carb boot ! and I had to wait a month to replace it ! ( and no black tape did not fix it, nor did silicone!)
I have been thinking about what I found.... it could have been just the plug picking up just as I sprayed the carb cleaner..... but I don't think so I did it 2 or 3 times and each time a slight increase (only slight) in RPM was noted....
I pulled the bike into the shop because we have a thunderstorm trying to rain on us.... if Gordon replaced the butterfly seals then I would say the seals were defective at this point.... and I'm pirty sure he would have.....but then again there may not be seals on those things, I don't know ! LOL but there may be something else on that side that is wrong.... i won't know till i get them carbs off there again.
I am not used to having to be so precise ! close enough is usually good enough ! .... I certainly had to be very precise when it came to doing the valves and I re checked the timing 3 times because I know me !so I am positive the timing is correct and the valve lash is within tolerance !
.....that only leaves the carbs as being the culprit. nothing else on the bike has been changed !
I will double check the boots ( with my glasses on) to make sure there is no cracks but a crack in the boot on that side would definitely cause this whole thing !
Bob........