View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #2
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Glad you're ok dude.

My only guess for what caused the crash is that you tensed up your arms and upper body when you realized you had to make a fast steering correction. If you tense on the bars, the front wheel can't move as it needs to, to follow the changing road surface beneath the tyre. This means that the front tyre is being taxed more than it would otherwise be on account of that lacking of free steering movement. If you're leaned over the tyres are already being taxed, so I expect you just reached the limit of grip at that point and down you went.

It's called Grip of Death and is pretty common for new riders (and old riders alike!).

Learn to keep your upper body and arms relaxed at all times. I'm not aware of any scenario where it's a good idea to stiffen up and hold the bars tight.

Hold up your body weight using your legs and your core.

One way to know if your arms are tight is if your elbows are sticking out to the side. Let your elbows drop down towards your hips. This action should help you keep your arms relaxed.

This is all just a guess on my part. Does what I said seem likely @Ninja Bob?

P.S. You're supposed to buy flush mounts before you crash You're lucky they didn't smash a hole through your fairings. I think that happens a lot during low sides on the newgen 250.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.